This winter, hit the slopes with Ouibus
Why not come skiing with us? It’s already time to start booking your winter holiday. We’re here to get you off to a whizzing start with some tips on inexpensive ski travel to the very best of France’s ski resorts. Here are our great deals!
Where do you want to go?
Skiing in France is incredibly popular, and it’s the number one country destination in Europe, with no fewer than 6 million visitors coming to its resorts each year. But where should YOU go? The French Alps or the Pyrenees? Here are our Top 5 best French ski resorts.
The most popular ski resort. Its roughly 370 miles of ski slopes await you. Val Thorens is both one of the largest resorts in the world and one of the highest, with altitudes no lower than 7,500 ft. The resort is open from 18 November 2017 until 8 May 2018, and you can even go there during the Easter holidays!
In the heart of the Alps, this resort is one of the sunniest, as well as one of the highest in France, at an altitude of 1,860m (6,100 ft). Alpe d'Huez boasts no fewer than 250km (155 miles) of slopes and 17 black runs, including the formidable Tunnel run which passes through the mountain itself.
This is one of the highest summits, at more than 13,000 ft. If you are into extreme sports, look no further. There are plenty of activities ranging from snowboarding to mountain climbing, not forgetting paragliding. The resort is open from 25 November 2017 until 1 May 2018
Nicknamed île au soleil (island in the sun), this resort in the northern Alps is very popular. There are over one hundred slopes spread over an area of just under 2,000 acres. There are activities here for the whole family
From 9 December 2016 to 4 April 2017, you will get the chance to discover one of the many facets of the 3 Vallées ski resort. Passes are available for everyone: whether you’re skiing solo or as a couple, and whether you’re there for a short trip or the whole season
- Lyon > La Plagne From €15
- Paris > Moutiers From €29
- Paris > Avoriaz From €29
- Lyon > Chamrousse From €7
- Lyon > Val d'Isère From €15
- Cergy-Pontoise > Chamonix From €45
- Lyon > La Tania From €19
- Lyon > Val Thorens From €25
- Paris > Bourg-Saint-Maurice From €29
- Paris > Cluses From €29
- Lyon > Le Praz From €19
- Paris > Les Deux Alpes From €29
- Lyon > Méribel From €19
The benefits of Ouibus for your coach to ski holiday
Short breaks are becoming more and more popular, so that’s why we wanted to make sure that Ouibus would take you straight to your ski resort, so you don’t waste any time and can ride those runs right away! That means there’s no need to find out about shuttle times between the railway station and the resort. Our buses will drop you right there.
- Regular, inexpensive bus trips from Paris and Lyon and many other places.
- If you think the journey might be a bit long, don’t worry: you can get online with the on-board WiFi connection. Plugs and USB sockets are also available so you don’t run out of battery during your journey (remember to bring your UK>FR plug adapter though)
- Ouibus actually offers night trips so you won’t lose out on a single day of your holiday! We also have reclining seats to make sure you won’t have any problem getting some shut-eye!
Can I bring my skis?
Travelling by bus means that you can bring your ski equipment with you and stow it in the hold. Your allowance includes a pair of skis or a snowboard, and a pair of ski boots. This equipment will have to be loaded into the hold, and will only be accepted if it is stored in suitable protective covers and labelled with your full name and telephone number.
Go skiing with friends!
You can benefit from special group rates. On bookings for 10 people or more, you’ll find some incredible offers for your skiing holidaySee our group offer >